The Southern Alleghenies Region contains hundreds of miles of walking, hiking, and biking trails within its six-county footprint. SAP&DC has infrared counters deployed on nine trails in the region to quantify how many people utilize the natural recreational opportunities in the region.
Counters are located on the following trails:
- Shuster Way Heritage Trail in Bedford, PA.
- H&BT Trail in Bedford County, PA.
- Riddlesburg Trailhead
- Cypher Trailhead
- Tatesville Trailhead
- James Mayer Riverwalk Trail in Johnstown, PA.
- Path of the Flood in South Fork, PA.
- Somerset Lake in Somerset, PA.
- Thousand Steps in Mapleton, PA.
- Prince Gallitzin State Park in Cambria County, PA.
- Campground Trail
- Lakeshore Trail
- Lower Trail in Blair and Huntingdon Counties, PA.
- Alfarata Trailhead
- Flowing Spring Trailhead
- Nathan’s Divide in Ebensburg, PA.
The 2020 Trail Usage Report is available for download on this page.
An ArcGIS Dashboard recording the usage of trails through the region is available for viewing at?http://sapdcgis.maps.arcgis.com/home/index.html